Lesson Plan Showcase
May 19, 2005
3:30 – 6:00pm (hors d’oeuvres Reception until 6:30)
Enterprise Center, Salem State College (Training Room B)
- To share with your colleagues the work you have done this year.
- To provide an opportunity for cohort members to discuss/offer suggestions about strategies, sources and approaches.
- To end the Fall/Spring portion of SIH 2004-2005 on a relaxed, positive note.
Structure of Afternoon:
- Each teacher will present for 5 minutes. (we will enforce time limits)
- Presentations will be grouped by SIH topic. You must arrive on time, as we will be announcing the groupings on the 19th.
- After each topical group presents, a brief Q & A session will follow.
Structure of Each Presentation: (Please adhere to this as closely as possible)
- Introduce title of Lesson Plan, SIH theme and topic lesson is connected to, grade level lesson is designed for, and the Frameworks Standards it connects to (Content AND Concepts/Skills)
- Summarize/provide overview of the lesson
- Discuss objectives (both content and concept/skills)
- Discuss the primary source(s) you use in the lesson and how you use them to achieve your objectives
- If time, please discuss assessment tool(s)
- If you have time left over, you may add any additional information you like.
What to bring with you on the 19th:
- 30 copies of a 1 page handout and attach primary sources (handout should reference the items listed in “Structure of Each Presentation” above.)
- A complete copy of your lesson plan – should you need to refer to it, or should someone ask to take a look at it.
END of YEAR RECEPTION
After the final presentations we will relax and celebrate with a reception until 6:30! Please stay and enjoy!
|return to top of page|